Tuesday, January 6, 2009

BR 2-07: Mum to the Rescue

I read ‘Mum to the Rescue’. Roderick Hunt wrote it. I chose this book, because I was interested in the title of this book. It was about a family that went to picnic. I am going to introduce this story roughly.

The main character of this story was a mother of the family. There were four people in the family, father, mother and two brothers. One day, they went to a car boot sale. Mother found a dinghy and she was interested in it. They decided to buy the dinghy. After they went back home, father pumped it up and the children helped their father. They went to river, but the weir was dangerous. So they went to other good spot. They enjoyed picnic there. Then, a woman’s boat was drifted. Mother helped the woman. The woman borrowed the boat for the family as a token of her gratitude.


It was a interesting story. So I enjoyed reading this book. I used to go picnic with my family when I was a child. I remembered it when I read this book.
[181 words]

No comments: