Friday, December 19, 2008

BR 2-04: Harry's Great Big Burp


I read ‘Harry’s Great Big Burp’. Polly Jack wrote it. I chose this book, because the illustration of the front cover of this book is very cute. I was interested in this book when I saw the illustration. It was about a boy who ate some prunes. It was a funny story. So I am going to introduce this story roughly.

The main character of this story was Harry who lived with his mother. He had strong many likes and dislikes about food. He did not like fruits and vegetables, but his mother gave him fruits and vegetables. She thought that fruits and vegetables were very good for him. So he ate all of these fruits and vegetables. One day, his mother gave him some prunes. He did not like prunes, but he ate all of the prunes. After that, he got on the school bus to go to the school. Suddenly, his stomach made a funny noise. He had loose bowels. Then his mouth made a big burp. He was very embarrassed. When he was in the school library, his stomach made a funny noise again. Also his mouth made a big burp again. The books of the library fell down on the floor. He was surprised at the happening. After he got to his house, he thought that he would never eat prunes again.

I enjoyed reading this book, because it was a very interesting story. Harry did not like fruits and vegetables. I do not like vegetables either. So I can understand his feeling easily, but I like fruits. I have never eaten prunes. I want to try to eat them.

[274 words]

No comments: