Sunday, December 14, 2008

Maedori


I will come of age next year. We wear kimono and attend the coming of age ceremony in Coming of Age day. I took some photographs for the Coming of Age day. It is said ‘Maedori’ in Japanese. I got up early this morning. I went to a photo studio with my mother. First, I had my hair set and makeup at the dressing room for the photography. Next, I had dressing. This was a first time for me to wear kimono. It was very hard for me to wear kimono. My stomach was constricted by obi. After finishing photography, we went to my grandmother’s house to show my kimono. Also we paid our respect at a grave. After that, I took off my kimono at last. I could relax. I am looking forward to the coming of age ceremony, because I can meet a lot of my friends. The alumni meeting of junior high school is going to held when the Coming of Age day. I want to enjoy it.

[171 words]

No comments: