Tuesday, November 4, 2008

MR 2-01: Mrs. Doubtfire


I watched “Mrs.Doubtfire”. This is a comedy movie, but I think it is not only comedy movie but also humanism movie. There are some themes in this movie for example love, family, human nature, bond, children and so on. I think love and family are more important than the other themes. So I am going to write about these themes.

I thought that this story is very interesting and humor when I watched it for the first time. Daniel Hillard who is a main character of this story has a sense of humor. I laughed when I watched his behavior. He was disguised in woman’s clothes. At first sight, his behavior seems crazy. However this story also taught me importance of family and love. Daniel divorced his wife and he had a light to meet his children only once a week. He loves his children so he tried to meet them more often. Also his children love him. Although they are family but they cannot live together. However, he is bound to his children by ties of family. There is a feeling of hospitality in this movie.

I think love is one of the themes of this story. Daniel did not find a steady job. On the other hand, his wife is a career woman. They live a life without talking but they have affection each other. They may considerate of each other even if they got divorced.

I think “Family” is another one of the most important themes of this story. Daniel’s wife divorced him. They have two daughters and a son, but they cannot live together in the future. There are a lot of shapes of family for example a fatherless family, a motherless family, a family that does not have a blood relative and so on. They may have some problems, but they are tightly bound together by family ties. Daniel always loves his children and always thinking them. He did not get along with his wife, but he loves his wife. The massage that I got from this movie about this theme is importance of family. I live with my father, mother, and a younger brother. I thought it is a common shape of family before, but now, I think that I am happy because we can live together. In the movie, Mrs.Doubtfire works in Hillard’s house as a housekeeper. When Mrs. Doubtfire was in the house, his children and his ex-wife looked so happy. Also he was happy too.


This movie made a deep impression on me. When I finished watching this movie, I think it is a heart-warming story. I felt various feelings such as interest, heartrending sorrow and so on. I like Daniel’s sense of humor very much. He often set me laughing with his humor. Also he taught me many important things. I found that ties of family bind family even if they cannot live together. I enjoyed watching this movie very much. After finished watching this movie, I think that I have to take care of my family.

[507 words]

5 comments:

tomoko said...

Hi, Saori:)

Your writing is very easy to understand.
You said this movie is very hart-warming story. And I think so as well.

I like your essay.

Kaori said...

Hi Saori,

Your essay is really good!
I watched it twice, and I did with Japanese sound and no subtitle. I chose an easier way, he-he :)

I also thought love was on of the themes of this film. I thought LOVE was so wonderful.

Saori said...

tomoko and kaori, thank you for your comments.
Kaori,you watch this movie twice? It is very good isn't it? I watched it only once, but I watched it with English sound and subtitle. This movie relatively use easy English. So I suggest that you watch it with English sound.

mii said...

Hi, saori. I'm Mio.I read your Movie review, "Mrs Doubtfire", and I thuoght your essay is good. I could read it easily because you explain what you want to talk about top of the paragraph. It was so clearly. Good job!!

Aaaai said...

Hey! Saori!
i'm Airi.
how's it going?

i read your movie essay and I think it is very nice! The reason why that in your essay, your emotion or your view are written a lot. It is really review, I think.

i will nominate your essay!
See ya!