Sunday, June 15, 2008

My personal language learning history.

I am going to introduce my personal language learning history. My mother tongue is Japanese, but I have learned English since I was a junior high school student. Also, I have learned German since I entered KGU. I am in the Department of Britain and America at KGU. I learn English to communicate with other people, and to employment.

My mother tongue is Japanese. I started to utter words before I became one year old. I was taught a lot of words from my parents, grand parents, relatives and so on. Also, my mother read picture books for me every night. So, I could learn words. By the way, I have learned English since I was a junior high school student. I like English very much since then. So, I learned English harder than the other subjects. I went to cram school. The cram school’s teacher went to University in America. I often heard about her experiences in America. In the cram school, I learned listening, grammar, writing, and reading. When I was in the first year of university, I learned German. It was very difficult for me. So, I was not good at German.

I think that listening, writing, reading and speaking are all important to progress with my English, but it is the most important thing for me to memorize English words. The way to learn English words is by repetition. I usually use power words to memorize English words. If I knew the meaning of words, I can understand rough content of a passage. So, I think learning English words is the most important thing to progress with my English.

I am in the Department of Britain and America at KGU. I learn English to employment. I want to be a grand staff. So, I have to learn English. When I was in the second year of high school, I got an examination of English’s second grade. Also, I took a TOEIC course during summer vacation last year, and I took a TOEIC test. I want to get high score of TOEIC test, so I have to study English much harder than now. Also, I learn English to communicate with other people. If I could speak English, I can talk with a lot of people include foreign people.

I want to progress with my English. So, I have to learn English much harder. I am going to learn English with the aim of getting TOEIC score over 700 this year. Also, it is important to learn Japanese. I want to become a person who can speak good Japanese. So, I have to learn both English and Japanese. I am going to continue learning both Japanese and English.

[450 words]

No comments: