Monday, June 16, 2008

BR 1-07: April in Moscow

I read “April in Moscow”. Stephen Rabley wrote it. I chose this book because of the book cover. The illustrations of this book are very cute. So I thought that I wanted to read it. I am going to introduce this story roughly.

The main character of this story is April Fox who is a dancer. She works for the British Dance Company. Her boss is Maria Grant. One day, she says “Can I have a word with you all, please?” also she says “The Russians want us to dance there next month.” Six weeks later, April says goodbye to her parents at an airport in London. In Moscow, the dancers work very hard. Their dance for the festival is new and difficult. The day after, in a street near the museum there is a small market. Two boys work there, and they can speak English. They are Nikolai and Sasha. Sasha speaks English very well. Nikolai only speaks a little. Next morning, they all drive to a lake near Moscow. Everyone is laughing and talking. There is a boat beside the lake. April and Nikolai go out in it. “It is very beautiful here.” She says. Nikolai says “Beautiful. And you are… beautiful…too. I think I…” Just then, “Come on. It’s time to go!” Laura shouts. Back in Moscow there is a lot to do. Then, the British Dance Company’s big night arrives. The festival succeeds. Twenty-four hours later, all the British dancers are at Moscow airport. Then someone says April’s name. She turns. It is Nikolai! He gives her a parcel and walks away. On the plane, she opens the parcel. There is a letter from Nikolai.

I like these romance stories very much. I want April and Nikolai to become happy. I was moved when I finished reading this story.

[303 words]

No comments: