Thursday, July 10, 2008

BR 1-11: WHO WANTS TO BE A STAR?


I read “WHO WANTS TO BE A STAR?” Margaret Iggulden and Julia Allen wrote it. I chose this book because I was interested in the title. I am going to introduce the story roughly.


The main character of this story is Tina Daniels. She is a thirteen years old girl and she is a TV star. She is a very popular in Hollywood. Everyone calls her ‘Curls’ because she has a beautiful curly hair. Everyone loves her, but she is not happy and she does not want to be a TV star. However, her mother, Mrs. Daniels, wants Tina to be a star. One day, Tina has a good idea. Her friend, Mary, has a grandmother who lives in the country. She is Mrs. White. Tina decided to go to Mrs. White’s house, because she wants a quiet life. She goes to the country by herself. Mrs. White does not know that Tina is a TV star. She said “Tina, you can stay with me for a week, but first you must telephone your mother.” However Tina does not telephone her mother. Tina enjoys life in the country but one day, a postman has a letter for Mrs. White. He knows Tina and he said Mrs. White that Tina is a very famous TV star. Tina does not go back her house. Then Mrs. White gets a good idea. She comes with Tina to see her mother. Mrs. White explains her idea to Tina’s mother. The idea is that Tina goes to her friend’s school. She has new friends in the new school.


I enjoyed reading the story. I do not know about TV star’s life but it looks very hard. Tina is a young girl. So I want her to enjoy her own life.

[295 words]

No comments: