Thursday, July 10, 2008

BR 1-09: The Big Bag Mistake


I read “The Big Bag Mistake” John Escott wrote it. I chose this book because I was interested in this title. I am going to introduce this story roughly.


The main characters of this story are Gisela and Ricardo. Gisela was going home to Rio de Janeiro after her vacation in London. She put her clothes and a manuscript into a travel bag. The manuscript is important for her because she was writing her first book. Ricardo was a student and he lived in Rio de Janeiro too. In the airplane, he found a pretty girl. She was sitting in the next seat of his. It was Gisela. He tried to talk with Gisela, but she did not want to talk with him. So she read book, but Ricardo talked with her. She was annoyed. Many hours later, the airplane arrived at Rio de Janeiro airport. Gisela took a blue travel bag in the building and she left the airport quickly. Then she rode in a bus. In the bus, she slept. A man on the bus took her blue bag and ran. She ran after the man, but she could not see the thief. She was angry and unhappy. Then she walked home to her apartment building. Ricardo was waiting for her at the door of her apartment building. He said “I have your bag and you have-” Gisela said “Oh! I’m sorry. A thief has your bag! ” Also she said “Thank you.”

When I read at the beginning of this story, I did not like Ricardo because I thought he is impudent. However he is a very kind person. So I like him now.


[277 words]

No comments: